Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Morning

We are thrilled to have so many followers on this blog. I cant tell you how cool it is to have Avesh's family in India following this blog which gives it some real "spice"! I guess this would be a good time to mention we also operate amazing private familyvacations in Costa Rica and we even have hindi speaking guides (not really but I will learn if I have to). You can visit some of our family packages at www.crrtours.com and our student groups are www.crrtravel.com. Breakfast was perfect and we are going to take a nature hike. Everyone slept great and the day is perfect. We had all of the kids yesterday at the river not talk for 10 minutes and they all had to findsomething from nature that they found interesting. Diego and I have every article that they found in a bag. What we will do after the hike is give the kids a quick lesson on Biomimicry where we will show how everything they found has an interesting way of using something for design in the modern world.

Many of these pictures are coming from Jessica Roth or atleast the good ones. She is kind enoug
h to not charge me $500 a pic and allow me to post them on the blog!!!!! PURA VIDA JESSICA!

There are some quotes below and also if you are having trouble posting you can send an email to info@crrtravel.com.

Ryan H. --- Mom my camera is not working

Elizabeth --- HAPPY BDAY DAD and congrats on the race! you should try carb loading on some Costa Rican rice and beans for your next race. ;)

Emily and Elizabeth --- "Did I ask you to stop massaging?" "Did I ask you to talk to me?"

Julia --- "Mom send the shoes over"

Juliana --- "I dont have a quote"

Julia -- "Custom made converse were the best $60 bucks I ever spent in my life"

Novak -- "I am having an awesome time but my camera does not work"

Tom -- "No worries, Avesh is going to fix all the cameras"

Andy -- "I woke up in the middle of the night because Ty snores like a semi truck"

Addy -- "I do it out of love"

Max -- "Is Kenny still complaining about his haircut?"

Avesh -- "do people in Costa Rica get haircuts?"

Juliana -- "I now have a quote: my shoes dried after four days"

Ali -- "FUAAAAAA!!!" "Im having Nutella withdraws"

Jordan --- "Margaret and I are now one with Costa Rica"

Margaret --- "Hakunamatata"


Here are some examples of the Biomimicry talks they will be getting informed on later if anyone is interested:

Examples:

Some of the kids brought leaves which they are now using for different drainage systems, others brought a spider which they have been using to build fully waterproof surfaces, others brought mushrooms which they are now using the mycelium in mushrooms to make styrofoam that can be completely biodegradable. River rock was brought which is being used for as a design method for carpet flooring or tile floors which by designs that do not use all the same shapes or patterns but make a entire floor like dead leaves or the river rocks at the bottom of the river. This makes for easy repairs.

We just got done with a hike to the waterfall here nearby the lodge. We had the option of getting up at 5am to go look for the famous Quetzal bird which is a bird that people travel from all over the world to try and catch just a second glimps of it making it's way through cloud-forest.

The kids decided not to wake up but Diego and I gave it a shot and we struck out. We saw nothing and fortunately I had seen it a few times so I was not bummed. So we started the waterfall hike around 9am and when we were half way there literally just 20 ft infront of us was a beautiful Quetzal. It was absolutely amazng and we even got the kids excited about it (how could you not this bird is beautiful). I have been guiding for 10 years here in Costa Rica and it was the best view I have ever had of this bird for around 20 minutes and his pair showed up and they were just ready for the picture. My pictures did not come out well because most of my pics are taken with my phone but I will send some of the kids who had a camera. Well that is it everyone is happy that we saw Quetzal and now on to the best part of this trip and the most friendly and fun loving species there is and that is the Costa Rican people. We are now on our way to the homestays.

Juliana -- "I feel like a mountain goat"

3 comments:

  1. Max....Ha ha... No Kenny has forgotten about his haircut, but unfortunately he got an ear infection after 2 days of snorkeling...no scuba diving with dad. Enjoy your awesome trip. We love you. Xo mom, dad and Kenny

    PS. Brush your teeth, wash your face, blow your nose and say please and thank you!, (couldn't resist)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avesh.... We now have an underwater camera that needs repair...we will drop it off next week. .... Mrs day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avesh...i think u have a good business going...i hope it will pay for the next such trip Mrs Roth decides to take you on>>...
    Ps.. Please follow Mr Days advise...look clean if u need that ride back home:)

    ReplyDelete